Welcome to the user portal of the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin
Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin provides three networks:
- WLAN-Portal – Using this network you only get access to the user portal. Here you can change your password,
manage your registered devices and find information how to connect to our Wi-Fi.
- WLAN-SBB – Using this network you can access the internet after successful registration.
Your electronic device is registered to use the Wi-Fi service for one year.
- eduroam – Using this network students, staff and scientists of educational and research institutions can get worldwide internet access.
Further information can be found here.
I declare that I do not commit rights violations in the context of the use of the Wi–Fi and agree to the Terms of Service.
Among rights violations fall in particular:
Copyright law Infringements, especially illegal uploads or downloads of files or software.
Criminal offences, such as the distribution of certain information, e.g.
- Incitement to hatred (German Criminal Code, Section 130)
- Attempting to cause the commission of offences by means of publication (German Criminal Code, Section 130a)
- Dissemination of depictions of violence (German Criminal Code, Section 131)
- Offences of defamation (German Criminal Code, Sections 185 to 189)
- Distribution of pornographic performances (German Criminal Code, Sections 184 to 184d)
- Acquisition of juvenile pornography (German Criminal Code, Sections 184c)
- Unlawful accessing or sharing other internet user´s data
Destruction of data or software
Destruction of data or software, such as adulteration or destruction of other library user´s data. This applies especially to the distribution of computer viruses.
Hindering network services
Hindering network services, that is: Obstruction or disruption of network operation or other Wi-Fi users, e.g. unsecured experimenting within the network, such as attemps to crack passwords or massive network loads, disadvantaging other network users.
When you register as a library user, a password for your library account is created.
By default this is your date of birth (ddmmyyyy).
This is not a secure password and has to be changed.
Please make the changes in your library account =
You can access your library account at you own device or at all public computers in the reading rooms.
After you have changed it, your new password is then used for all account services.
The new password should contain at least six and at most 32 characters, including at least 1 alphabetical character, 1 numerical character, 1 special character.
- alphabetical: Aa … Zz
- numerical: 0 … 9
- special characters , ; . : – _ # ' + * ! " $ & ( ) = ?
Please note: Your new password can be used immediately to log in into your library account. Wi-Fi login requires a waiting period of 30 minutes.